May 16, 2011

Cap'n Crunch Shake

                                            Captain Crunch Shake - Hungry Girl

                                                   Weight Watcher Points Plus: 5
                                                         Level of Difficulty:  Easy

                               Ingredients:         2/3 cups soy milk
                                                         1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
                                                         1/4 cup Cap'n Crunch cereal (original
                                                         1 tsp Coffee-mate powdered creamer
                                                         1/4 tsp vanilla extract
                                                         1 no-calorie sweetner packet
                                                         3/4 cup ice

                              Directions:          1.  In a small bowl, dissolve powdered creamer in 1 tbsp
                                                           warm water.  Add to blender.
                                                      2.  Add rest of ingredients and blend.
                                                      3.  Enjoy and cool down.
                                                       

Food for Thought
I made this shake for breakfast because it was a warm morning and after blending everything together, the shake was a perfect cool down.  Normally I would have used soy milk, but I had a little bit of 1% milk left that I didn't want to waste.  I also used only one sweetner packet instead of two (which the recipe called for) because Splenda is very sweet.  The original recipe also called for fat-free vanilla ice cream and 2 tbsp sugar-free vanilla syrup.  I have fat-free frozen yogurt and no vanilla syrup.  So as you can see, substitutions are always made but the taste was soooooooooo good.  I'm thinking with the vanilla syrup and the extra sweetner packet, the shake might have been a bit too sweet.  Overall, this shake was heaven.  I can eat Cap'n Crunch cereal alone, but blend it with some ice cream and it makes you want to drink it all day long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment