May 14, 2011

Totally Stacked Steak Style Hamburger

                                Hungry Girl's Totally Stacked Steak Style Hamburger

                                                Level of Difficulty:  Easy
                                                Weight Watcher Points Plus:5


 Ingredients:  
      1 egg white or egg beater
      1/4 cup onion
      1 boca burger
      1/4 cup Fiber one cereal - original
      garlic salt
      tomato
      spinach/lettuce
      1 thin bun or 1/2 a large bun cut in half
                                                           Hickory smoke bbq sauce


Directions:   
  1. Put onions in a bowl and add egg white.  Make sure the onions are coated well.  
  2. Put the fiber one cereal in a small plastic bag.  Crush the cereal really good or put in a food processor.  Add garlic salt.  
  3. Add the onion to the bag and evenly coat. 
  4. Put onions in a pan and fry for a bit.

 



                                                          




5.  Heat up the boca burger in the microwave. 
6.  Put boca burger on bun and spread on the bbq sauce.  (It's a must!!)
7.  Add tomatoes and spinach.











 Food for Thought
This was burger love for me.  I don't eat meat very much, and I can't even remember when I last ate a hamburger.  The key to this were the onions mixed with the Fiber one cereal and the bbq sauce.  The onion mix gave off a sweet flavor and the bbq sauce, need I say more?  I LOVE bbq sauce and that made the burger taste so much more delicious.   The true recipe calls for onion powder, A1 steak sauce, and a slice of cheese which made the weight watcher points at 6.  I skipped out on the cheese, added bbq sauce, and prefer garlic salt so I lowered the points to 5.  Every bite was so lovely and I give this recipe two huge thumbs up.  This is a definite repeat!!  You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment