May 20, 2011

Italian Turkey Sausage Pasta


Italian Turkey Sausage Pasta 
                 - Ginna's Skinny Recipe

Weight Watcher Plus Points:  8 (for 1 1/2 cups)
Level of Difficulty:  Easy
                     
 





Ingredients:  1 pound Italian Turkey Sausage
                   12 oz wheat pasta
                   1 bell pepper (green or red)
                   1/2 onion, chopped
                   1 tsp olive oil
                   5 cloves garlic, chopped
                   3/4 bag of spinach
                   1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
                                                              1/4 cup Parmigiano cheese
                                                              salt and pepper, to taste
 
 
Boil the pasta

In a pan, heat up oil and stir fry pepper and onion.
Add garlic.


Remove sausage from the casing and add to pan.
Cook until meat is done.







Add spinach and crushed pepper.








Add the pasta and mix.

Put in a bowl and top with Parmigiano.





Food for Thought
I've never eaten pasta without some kind of sauce and I must say, this recipe did not disappoint.  This was the first time for me to eat Italian Turkey sausage and I was slightly hesitant to try it, but it was seasoned well and tasted great.  The crushed pepper added some flair and spiciness, however, it was just the right amount for me.  Be careful on how much crushed pepper you add in, unless of course, you want to sweat it out.   This recipe was easy to make, healthy, and very filling.  I ate around one cup and felt satisfied.  Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment