May 8, 2011

Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes

                                           Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes - Ginna's Skinny Recipes

                                                               Level of Difficulty:  Easy

                                        Weight Watcher Points Plus:  4 (1 cupcake with frosting)
                                                                        3 (no frosting)

Ingredients:  
    1 box super moist yellow cake mix
    2 cans crushed pineapple
    1 8 oz low fat cream cheese
    1 jar fluff marshmallow spread

Directions:  
    For the cupcake:
  1.     Mix cake mix and one can crushed pineapple - do not drain.
  2.     Using an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until moist.  
      3.    Pour into cupcake tins about 2/3 full.  Bake according to box. 

     4.    Let the cupcakes cool.
   
For the Frosting:
  1. Drain the second crushed pineapple can very well.  (it will be too watery if not)
  2. Mix pineapple with cream cheese and 3/4 cup marshmallow spread.
  3. Frost the cupcakes.
    
Food for Thought                                          
Surprisingly the cupcake came out extremely moist despite not using any eggs or oil.  The cake was a bit sticky, so I would recommend  eating this with the frosting.  The frosting is my favorite part, but that's because I love anything with cream cheese.  I would probably add shredded coconut on top because that's another thing I love, but I made this for Mother's Day, and not everyone is a coconut fan.  This recipe was so simple and easy to make - dumping everything together and mixing.  If you love pineapple and more pineapple, this is for you.  Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment