May 4, 2011

Tofu Patties

Co-worker's tofu patty idea


 Ingredients:  
                   1 block firm tofu
                   1 egg
                   Wheat crackers
                   Vegetables of choice (I chose Spinach)
                   Spices (I used garlic powder and salt)


Level of Difficulty:  Easy

                              
Step 1: Drain tofu.  My co-worker drains it over night.  I was too hungry, so I let it sit for 5 min.  I recommend draining it longer because when everything was mixed, it was a bit watery.

Step 2:  Cook the vegetables in a pan for a few minutes.  


                                  

Step 3:  Mash the tofu and add vegies, egg, spices and crackers.  For the crackers, I add a handful at a time, mashed everything, then added more as needed.   

Step 4:  Heat olive oil in a pan.  Make tofu patties and fry until golden brown. 




Suggestions:  I would add heavier vegies like chopped up bell peppers, onions, or carrots.  I like spinach, but just the spinach alone didn't make the patties as firm as I wanted it to be. 


You can eat this in so many ways.  I ate it in a sandwich and also with a salad.  You could also pair it with rice and gravy.  It can also be frozen to be eaten on another day.  It's light, healthy and yummy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment